The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. They help the Scrum Team and the organization adopt Agile/Scrum practices and increase the productivity and effectiveness of the team.
Scrum Process Facilitation:
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Facilitate Scrum events (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective) and ensure their effectiveness.
- Remove impediments or help the team remove impediments to progress.
- Coach the team in self-organization and cross-functional skill set.
- Help the team to create high-value products
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions in retrospective.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Act as a buffer between the team and external distractions.
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Ensure the communication between team and stakeholders is effective and transparent.
Metrics and Reporting:
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
Develop and Maintain Dashboards:
- Create and manage comprehensive dashboards tailored to key performance indicators (KPIs) to facilitate transparent insights into team progress and project health.
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar certification preferred.
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master for at least two to three years in a software development environment.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Proficiency with tools, such as Jira or Monday.
- Strong Listening, communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and bring out the best in them.
- Knowledge of other Agile frameworks like Kanban, XP, etc., is a plus.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Good understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Agile principles and methodologies.
IAMOPS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Note: This job description is a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of the Scrum Master position and may be subject to updates and revisions as necessary to meet the needs of the business.